2011年11月14日 星期一

Zisek on Asian Values

"I think today the world is asking for a real alternative. Would you like to live in a world where the only alternative is either anglo-saxon neoliberalism or Chinese-Singaporean capitalism with Asian values? I claim if we do nothing we will gradually approach a kind of a new type of authoritarian society. Here I see the world historical importance of what is happening today in China. Until now there was one good argument for capitalism: sooner or later it brought a demand for democracy ... What I'm afraid of is, with this capitalism with Asian values, we get a capitalism much more efficient and dynamic than our western capitalism. But I don't share the hope of my liberal friends - give them ten years [and there will be] another Tiananmen Square demonstration - no, the marriage between capitalism and democracy is over."
幾乎晚晚都聽到春宮一號同神舟八號對啜的新聞, 重要常常試下唔同的姿勢, 真是令人煩厭不堪.

中國式的資本主義到底給了世界甚麼啟示呢? 我倒想起利比亞前領袖卡達斐的講話, 大意是: 六四鎮壓是有必要的, 要用坦克對付追求自由的學生, 把他們摧毀、清除。不然中國那有今日的繁榮?

Source of Quotation: Al Jazeera "Slavoj Zizek and Harum Scarum"

沒有留言:

張貼留言